Federal lawmkers will have to suspend their recess and reconvene to consider the 2020 revised budget.
The clerk of the National Assembly, Mohammed Sani-Omolori, made this announcement in a memo dated May 26, asking the lawmakers to resume sitting on the 28th of May.
Both chambers of the National Assembly had adjourned on the 19th of May till the 2nd of June to allow members celebrate Eid-El-Fitr.
The Federal Government had in April, cut down the 2020 budget by over N320 billion and proposed a new budget of N10.27 trillion against the N10.59 trillion passed by the National Assembly.
According to the government, this cut is based on the global economic realities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as recent crisis in the oil market.
TOP SEARCH :
- Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi Biography, Age, Early Life, Education
- Kaduna State PDP Suspends Former Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi , Six Others For Six Months
- Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole Neutralised 20 Insurgents at Baga
- Many killled in a fight between indigenous Chobok tribe and their Hausa settlers in Adamawa
- See photo of a Girl who killed her Baby in Lagos For Making Her Miss OAU Admission